Have you ever wanted a designer look for less? Today we’re shopping a cozy Pottery Barn Christmas living room look for a fraction of the price. Wait until you see what I found!
With Christmas decorating on the horizon, I thought it would be fun to share how to shop a designer looks for less.
And today, we are starting with one of my personal faves, Pottery Barn.
I love Pottery Barn, but it can get be pricey.
And if you decorate on a budget, you may not want to spend Pottery Barn prices.
But all is not lost.
With the click of a mouse, we can find the same designer look for a fraction of the price.
Because the designers at Pottery Barn did all the work for us!
Let’s shop the same holiday looks for less and see how we do!
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Pottery Barn Cozy Christmas Living Room
It was tough narrowing down the room I wanted to replicate for less but I’m really loving this cozy living room by Pottery Barn.
This look has lots of cozy layers, with clean, simple lines.
And I love an understated holiday look, don’t you?
It looks festive without in-your-face Christmas decor.
What I love most is the sophisticated winter vibe that goes well beyond the holidays.
So when you remove the Christmas stuff, the room is well decorated until spring.
Which is a great perspective to have when decorating a home on a budget.
Instead of purchasing things that ONLY work during Christmas, decorate with items that translate well into winter.
Not only will this ultimately save money in the decorating budget, but there’s much less decor shuffle as the seasons and holidays change.
So let’s break out what we’d spend to furnish and decorate this cozy Christmas living room by Pottery Barn.
The Inspiration Room
Here are some products from this look.
- Faux Fur Shearling Pillow Cover
- Westbrook 52″ Coffee Table
- Westbrook 22″ Side Table
- Gideon Upholstered Swivel Armchair
- Conell Embroidered Pillow Cover
- Burned Wood Black Vase
- Luxe Faux Fur Throw
- Emersyn Printed Velvet Pillow
- Jake Leather Bolster Cushion Sofa With Wood Base
- Merrin Hand-Knotted Wool Rug
- Pre-Lit Frosted Twig Bundle – Set Of 3
- Blaine Striped Pillow Cover
- Chateau Handcrafted Acacia Wood Salad Bowls
- Kynlee Printed Velvet Pillow Cover
- Light Up Hanging Orbs
- Selenite Tealight Candleholder
- Faux Cypress Pinecone Garland – Set Of 2
- Mercury Glass Adorned Ornaments Set Of 6 – Silver
- Shearling Faux Fur Tree Skirt
Pottery Barn Cozy Christmas Living Room Cost
If you bought this whole look, you’d spend in excess of $11,800.
I mean – can you even believe that?
And if you didn’t want the big-ticket items like the sofa and chairs, you’d still be in the ballpark of $5,000.
Which is still a lot.
So what’s a thrifty decorator supposed to do?
You could just buy a few pieces to add the real Pottery Barn Looks to your holiday living room.
Or we can shop for the dupes.
Cozy Pottery Barn Christmas Living Room Look for Less
Here’s what I found to get the same look for A LOT less.
Wait until you see the savings!
- Vintage pine tree pillow (Redbubble)
- Tall black vase (World Market)
- Faux Fur Pillow Covers (2) (Amazon)
- Faux Fur Pillow Cover (Amazon)
- Another Faux Fur Pillow Cover (2) (Amazon)
- Coffee Table Dupe 1 (Wayfair)
- Coffee Table Dupe 2 (Wayfair)
- A Coffee Table Dupe 3 (Overstock)
- Coffee Table Dupe 4 (JC Penney)
- End Table Dupe (JC Penney)
- Swivel Arm Chair (Wayfair)
- Faux Fur Throw Dupe 1 (JC Penney)
- Faux Fur Throw Dupe 2 (Target)
- Pretty Faux Fur Tree Skirt (Amazon)
- Mercury Glass Ornaments (set of 12) (Amazon)
- Light Up Orbs for Bowl (Amazon)
- Tree branches – FREE
- White Spray Paint (Amazon)
- Battery operated fairy lights (Amazon)
- Faux Garland Greens with Pinecones (Anthropologie)
- Leather Sofa Dupe 1 (Wayfair)
- Leather Sofa Dupe 2 (Wayfair)
- The Leather Sofa Dupe 3 (Wayfair)
- Leather Sofa Dupe 4 (Wayfair)
- Acacia wood bowl 1 (Amazon)
- Acacia Wood bowl 2 (Amazon)
- Red Velvet Pattern Pillow Covers (Amazon)
- Grainsack Pillow Cover (Amazon)
- Area Rug Dupe 1 (Boutique Rugs)
- Area Rug Dupe 2 (Boutique Rugs)
- An Area Rug Dupe 3 (Rugs USA)
- Area Rug Dupe 4 (Rugs USA)
Pottery Barn Cozy Christmas Living Room Dupes Cost
If I were to total the dupes with the furnishing the room, the total is a whopping $2,378!
Can you believe how much money we would save on the dupes?
Some standout savings for me included THESE pillows.
On Amazon, you can buy a pack of 4 for much less than this one from Pottery Barn.
The Pottery Barn version is almost $5k!
I found several dupes that looked pretty similar ranging from $890 through $2,200.
They might not be EXACT matches, but you get a similar look for so much less!
How This Experiment Changed My Own Design Perspective
I think I have a whole new appreciation for my dark leather living room sofas now!
Because I long for lighter colored sofas, but my living room can’t handle them with my two black labs who shed all the time!
With their flying fur, I’ve resigned myself to darker leather.
And as much as I love my leather sofas, sometimes they can be tricky to decorate with.
Because dark furniture can really weigh a room down.
But after doing this design experiment, I now see how I can use what I have and apply the same principles of the bigger designers.
The Takeaway of Doing More Research When Decorating a Home
For me, one of the biggest takeaways is how much the web can help SAVE you money.
And I always thought it was the opposite because it’s so easy to buy stuff now!
But now, with a little research, you can totally get beautiful designer looks for so much less!
Why pay thousands more when you can spend a little extra time doing some homework.
Pretty neat stuff!
Thanks so much for shopping with me today!
Tell me, do you have a favorite find from this cozy Christmas look?
Sign Me Up!
Sign up for my free newsletter to get blog posts, seasonal tips, recipes, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Plus, get free VIP access to my Resource Library where you’ll find insider freebies not readily available to the public.
Thank you so much for following along.
Enjoy a beautiful day! xo