I hope you had a great week!
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Random Things Happening Behind the Scenes at Bricks ‘n Blooms
What a week it was!
I had an AMAZING trip in Waco, Texas at the Achieve Conference. I got so much out of it, met up with some of my besties, and made some new friends along the way.
We also did some touristy things too, because, I mean, when you are in Waco you have to do all things Joanna Gaines…am I right?
I arrived a day early, so some friends and I spent the day walking around Waco and found ourselves at the Silos and Magnolia.
The shop is INCREDIBLE. So many great things there. While I was kicking around the faux florals really struck me. They are really beautiful. If you’ve ever shopped on their site and considered buying one…do it.
I’m not an affiliate for them or anything, but the quality is really high.
Love the wreaths there too but they were a little pricey for me so I wouldn’t get those – but the greenery and the florals, I highly recommend if one strikes your fancy.
At the tail end of my trip some friends and I headed to Magnolia Table and my gosh, it is everything you’d expect it to be! The food was outstanding, the restaurant was impeccable and we had a great time!
I was there with a few friends that included:
- Anne and AnnMarie from Simply 2 Moms
- Rachel from The Ponds Farmhouse
- Chris and Yvonne from Reclaimed Karma
- Jodi from Lyndale Drive
- Libbie from A Life Unfolding
My good friend Rachel from The Ponds Farmhouse and I shared a room all week and let me tell you, we have so much in common! I think we ordered the same things off the menu without realizing it all week long and just had a great time together.
Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you! To travel there and back, I had to take a connecting flight out of Dallas to Waco.
Well, my layover was SO LONG on the way out that my good friends Anne and AnnMarie from Simply 2 Moms wound up snagging me in Dallas after they arrived and we all drove to Waco together.
I can’t believe we did not chat about this beforehand but I am so grateful they let me ride with them because I think it shaved like four hours off my travel day!
But all good things come to an end, and now I’m back in New Jersey with my family. I’m thrilled to be home because I’m a homebody at heart and as much fun as I had. I was ready to be back in my crib with my flowers.
And it’s raining too, so I was able to really enjoy some downtime with everyone and my sweet pups.
Shana flew home for the weekend too so we are all having a nice time hanging out and taking some downtime.
Not sure what to get friends, family, and others in your life this year? I got you!
Get my 25-page free downloadable shoppable gift guide that has lots of great ideas for him, for her, teen boys and girls, kids, teachers, gardeners, pet lovers, and lots lots more!
My hope is that this guide will help you knock this part of the hustle and bustle off your list so you can sit back and savor the season a bit more.
Grab your free guide here.
What I’m Shopping For This Week
I did a LOT of shopping in Waco but there are a few things I bought that you can find on Amazon! Isn’t that so cool?
I also had some questions about stuff I had on me during the week, so I’ll share them all below.
- First, I bought this cute dress in a few colors before the conference and just want to say…IT IS AWESOME! It fits true to size, is easy to wear, very slimming, super comfortable, and comes in a variety of colors. I will order more. Yes, it’s more for summer wear, but get it now if you want it so you don’t forget – it is worth it.
- I found this shirt while shopping around and LOVE IT. It’s super soft, has this cool ruching detail, and fits true to size.
- In my IG stories, I was asked about my purse – I couldn’t find the exact one online that I bought, but here is one that is really close. I love it because it can be either a handbag or a backpack.
- I was also asked about this dress – LOVE IT. Also fits true to size, is very comfortable, and comes in an array of colors.
- This dress is my favorite and I actually have a few of them in different colors. If you like a boho casual look, these are great. My friend Anne bought one too and she’s a bit shorter than me so it looks great on anyone, any size, as it’s very flattering too.
- I got a signed copy of my good friend KariAnne from Thistlewood Farm’s latest book, 10-Minute Decorating Ideas. Did you get your copy yet? It is so good and has lots of quick tips for decorating throughout the seasons.
- And after a long week of staying up late, trust me when I tell you I needed these under-eye depuffing patches. I shared them with Rachel – she loved them so much she just ordered them!
What’s Happening at Bricks ‘n Blooms
It was a fun week on the blog!
I also shared the prettiest pumpkin centerpiece ideas that are perfect for your next fall party or even Thanksgiving.
Which one do you like better? Let me know in the comments below.
I also shared my favorite fall cocktail that’s great for a fall dinner party. Warning: this fall drink packs a punch but tastes amazing. Let me know if you try it!
And finally, I shared my latest YouTube video where you can check out my Halloween table in greater detail.
Doesn’t it look amazing? Click here to watch this short video.
Oh, and I almost forgot!
My good friend Danielle from Northlawn Flower Farm shared my fall garden tour on her YouTube Channel this week!
Come join Danielle and I in the garden here.
Amazing Inspiration from Around the Web
During my downtime this week, I found some great fall inspiration from around the web. Wait until you see some of these incredible ideas.
- This DIY witch broom is so cute!
- This foraged fall leaf idea is cheap and easy to make.
- This easy espresso martini sounds so good!
- I can’t wait to try this pumpkin chili recipe.
- These budget-friendly Thanksgiving table tips.
- These Halloween decorating ideas.
- This little cottage looks so cute!
- And this cozy warm fall tablescape.
If you enjoy these posts, you can find past Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly posts here.
And… If you’re catching up on blog posts you may have missed, be sure to sign-up to get my newest posts via email to stay up to date with everything that’s happening here on the blog and more.
Garden Supplies I Use
I’m often asked about the garden supplies and tools that I use most. From pruners to deer repellents, here are some of my favorites in no particular order.
- I like to use a good-quality, potting soil, garden soil, compost, and perlite when planting. While I make my own compost, you can easily buy it ready-made for use.
- I have used this deer repellent with great success. But now, I’m all about this deer repellent that is systemic instead of topical. This means the plant takes it in as opposed to it just smelling bad.
- Hands down this is my favorite hand-weeding tool. You can use it to get underneath roots and loosen soil, and it cuts down on the weeding time because you work much faster.
- But I also love this long, stand-up weeding tool to really get around roses from afar.
- I use THIS ORGANIC FERTILIZER for roses because the blooms are more prolific and it’s organic.
- And I use this organic fertilizer for my vegetables and herbs in the potager garden.
- You’ll need a sharp set of pruners when working with plants and flowers. I buy a few so I can stash them around.
- I use these garden snips to deadhead and cut flowers from my gardens.
- Where pest and disease problems are concerned, if I need to, I generally use this insecticidal soap or neem oil to help control infestations depending on the issue. When using, only apply when pollinators are less active.
- This is my favorite set-and-forget slow-release fertilizer for houseplants, annuals, and container gardens.
- Whenever I stake my peonies or other plants, I generally use these grow-through garden supports because they work really well and keep the blooms upright.
Sign Me Up!
Sign up for my free newsletter to get blog posts, seasonal tips, recipes, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Plus, get free VIP access to my Resource Library where you’ll find insider freebies not readily available to the public.
Thank you so much for following along.
Enjoy a beautiful day! xo
Want to learn more about me?
I’m a master gardener who’s been gardening and growing things for over 25 years. With a deep passion for gardening, I enjoy helping others find their inner green thumb with all things plants and flowers, as well as find ways to bring the outdoors inside their homes too.
Get the inside scoop about my background as a master gardener, education, and experience, as well as why I started blogging.