Welcome to the fifth week of Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week.
It’s been a busy week here decorating for the holidays.
And I’m happy to say, I’m finished.
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Random Things Happening Behind the Scenes at Bricks ‘n Blooms
- We decorated our tree last weekend and there’s a great backstory about how our new tree topper came to be and why we went with a faux tree this year after decorating with a real Christmas tree for the last 25 years.
- I started baking cookies this week too. Because my easy Christmas cookies recipe involves candy, I had to hide the ingredients so my family wouldn’t eat them before I had a chance to make the cookies. Do you need to do that too? Even after all the hiding, one of the bags was found. Luckily, there was enough left for me to work with, but I guess I need a better hiding spot.
- We added a bunch of Christmas lights outside in the front gardens and these cool flickering flameless candles in the windows. Doesn’t it look so pretty? I just bought these candles and wound up getting another set! They are great for my windows but because they come with a timer and remote, I wanted to add them to my dining room table too.
- My amaryllis is really taking off. I set them all up a few weeks ago and they all have lots of growth. I can’t wait to see them bloom!
- It was a crazy busy week on the blog too! This week we went on my holiday home tour, learned how to make (or where to buy) a rustic star tree topper, baked easy Christmas cookies, 17 Christmas tree decorating ideas, and a before and after dining room makeover.
Amazing Inspiration from Around the Web
I love finding cool inspiration from around the web and wanted to share some of what I’m loving right now.
My favorite thing about blogging is the great friends I’ve made around the globe.
And I want to share some of them with you this week because they are really inspiring me.
Since I’m all about holiday baking right now, check out these embossed cookies that my good friend Jayne made from Chalking Up Success. Arent these rolling pins super cool???
I participated in a holiday home tour this week and REALLY love how my friend Crissy from First Day of Home decorated her home. Isn’t it gorgeous?
And here are some more fun things I found on the web!
I love this finger knitting idea and want to try this!
Check out these amazing DIY dollar tree ideas.
And this cool Christmas re-purposing craft.
These delicious ginger snap Christmas cookies.
Enjoy your day! xoxo
Let’s connect on social media!