I hope you had a great week!
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Random Things Happening Behind the Scenes at Bricks ‘n Blooms
What a week it was!
A little pre-story before we get into the trip. Would you believe that my flight got cancelled for the trip back. Wait until you hear why!
A few days before, Chris asked me what type of planes I was flying on because of those 900 Max planes. I looked – one was a 737-700 and the other was a 737-900. But I didn’t think the 900 was the same since it didn’t say 900 Max.
I was wrong.
It in fact was a 900 Max plane and it was canceled late Friday afternoon because the FAA grounded every single one. And I was scheduled to leave on Sunday! So I hightailed it to Expedia, booked a new flight to come home and called it a day. I mean, can you imagine if I flew on that plane after all the news?
Anyway, everything else went smoothly getting to Atlanta, meeting up with my publisher and doing all the things while I was there.
At the market, I did a container planting demonstration at the Butler Group and VIP Home and Garden Booths and had my first book signing which was pretty cool!
I was scheduled to fly back early Tuesday morning and it was suppose to storm here in New Jersey. So I was a little anxious about my travel back home, but that thankfully, that went smoothly as well.
It’s been freezing here this week with a few snowstorms. It finally looks and feels like winter here!
A Pleasant Surprise
Just before flying out to Atlanta, several boxes of my books, The Bricks ‘n Blooms Guide to a Beautiful and Easy-Care Flower Garden arrived!
To celebrate their arrival, I’m giving away 3 signed copies of my book to blog readers who comment on my post, The Best Blue Flowers for Every Corner of Your Garden. All you have to do is head over to the post, leave a comment and I’ll randomly pick three readers to receive a free signed copy of my book!
Comment before Friday, January 26, 2024 at 11PM to enter and I’ll randomly choose 3 readers to receive a signed free copy of my book.
Up and Coming Projects
And I’m working on a few projects that I’m super excited to share with you! One of which, I’ll tell you about now. Can you guess what it is?
I’m writing another book!!!!! I can’t share much more about it now, but it’s coming in 2025. Let’s grow!
What I’m Shopping For This Week
I found some GREAT stuff from Magnolia for my spring vibe plus some must-have items for the garden. Here’s what I shopped for this week.
My Spring Vibe from Magnolia
- This ruffle spoon holder for my kitchen
- I am in LOVE with this vase for my family room!
- And these drop in daisies would look so pretty in it too, so I bought some for an effortless look.
- This table lamp will add lots of texture – I love that lampshade don’t you?
- I love this table lamp for my office.
- This tablecloth is perfect for spring!
- This gorgeous countryside print is serene!
- Love this cozy oversized blanket.
- This textured pillow is perfect for my family room.
- I already have these, but if you don’t, they are gorgeous and look very authentic.
- These napkins are perfect for spring table styling.
- I love these coasters for my family room – we need them!
- And this serving board is perfect for charcuterie!
- I’m stocking up on seed starting soil.
- As well as potting soil for winter sowing.
- These 4″ peat pots for my sweet peas.
- These 3″ peat pots for other seed starts that I’m winter sowing.
- I needed more plant labels. You go through these really quickly!
- And I use these cell trays for indoor seed starting every year because they come with everything you need besides the grow lights and heat mats.
What’s Happening at Bricks ‘n Blooms
It was a fun week on the blog!
The Best Blue Flowers For Every Corner of Your Garden
Discover stunning blue flowers that are easy to grow for every inch of your garden. Click to see these vibrant blooms in pictures from my gardens with the names of blue flowers!
Easiest Flowers to Grow From Seed This Winter
Unleash your green thumb with this garden layout guide! Design your dream oasis & watch it bloom come spring. Click to dream & plan your green space’s potential!
Best Low Maintenance Plants that Clean the Air
Discover the best low-maintenance indoor plants that purify your air & thrive on neglect. Read on to boost your home’s health (and style!)
Monstera Plant Care 101
Looking for ways to green up your home without the fuss? Ditch the brown & grow a Monstera masterpiece! Your one-stop shop for Monstera plant care with lush leaves and zero drama. Watering, light, pests – it’s all here!
Easy Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Shhh…don’t tell the tortillas! These Mexican stuffed peppers are the new weeknight MVP. Packed with protein & veggies, they’re bursting with Tex-Mex goodness. Easy recipe, big flavor! Read on to conquer dinner!
Brie, Pear & Prosciutto Crostini Recipe
Craving fancy finger food? Elevate your appetizer game with our easy Brie, pear & prosciutto crostini recipe. Sweet, salty, crispy bliss in every bite!
Amazing Inspiration from Around the Web
I love finding cool inspiration from around the web and wanted to share some of what I’m loving right now.
- You’ve got to check out these 7 good reads that will melt your winter.
- These vintage decor finds and styling tips are top notch!
- If you’ve got a vase that needs a facelift, check out these incredible DIY vase makeovers.
- This sweet and salty Valentines Day snack mix looks so good!
- These subtle Valentines Day decor ideas.
- This DIY vintage book art is sooooo cool!
- This DIY lampshade is such a great idea!
If you enjoy these posts, you can find past Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly posts here.
And… If you’re catching up on blog posts you may have missed, be sure to sign-up to get my newest posts via email to stay up to date with everything that’s happening here on the blog and more.
- I like to use a good-quality, potting soil, garden soil, compost, and perlite when planting. While I make my own compost, you can easily buy it ready-made for use.
- I have used this deer repellent with great success. But now, I’m all about this deer repellent that is systemic instead of topical. This means the plant takes it in as opposed to it just smelling bad. If you want to minimize the work and not use repellents, choose plants that are deer-resistant from this list.
- Hands down this is my favorite hand-weeding tool. You can use it to get underneath roots and loosen soil, and it cuts down on the weeding time because you work much faster.
- But I also love this long, stand-up weeding tool to really get around roses from afar.
- I use this organic fertilizer for roses because the blooms are more prolific and it’s organic.
- And I use this organic fertilizer for my vegetables and herbs in the potager garden.
- You’ll need a sharp set of pruners when working with plants and flowers. I buy a few so I can stash them around.
- I use these garden snips to deadhead and cut flowers from my gardens.
- Where pest and disease problems are concerned, if I need to, I generally use this insecticidal soap or neem oil to help control infestations depending on the issue. When using, only apply when pollinators are less active.
- This is my go-to bait for slug and snail problems with my hostas and dahlias.
- This is my favorite set-and-forget slow-release fertilizer for houseplants, annuals, and container gardens.
- Whenever I stake my peonies or other plants, I generally use these grow-through garden supports because they work really well and keep the blooms upright.
- I use this collapsible bin ALL THE TIME. It is invaluable when working in the beds as it’s light to carry around and folds flat for easy storage.
- Drip irrigation set on a timer is your friend! I love these for my planters, window boxes, and hanging baskets.
- And this four way hose bib allows you to split one spicket into four!
Click here to shop my favorite garden supplies!
If you’ve always dreamed of bringing country charm to your home while creating a beautiful, relaxing space, I got you! Learn how to grow flowers in even the smallest of spaces with my easy-care, low-maintenance approach.
Sign Me Up!
Sign up for my free newsletter to get blog posts, seasonal tips, recipes, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Plus, get free VIP access to my Resource Library where you’ll find insider freebies not readily available to the public.
My Latest Posts
Thank you so much for following along.
Enjoy a beautiful day! xo
Want to learn more about me?
I’m a master gardener who’s been gardening and growing things for over 25 years and author of the best-selling book, The Bricks ‘n Blooms Guide to a Beautiful and Easy-Care Flower Garden. With a deep passion for gardening, I enjoy helping others find their inner green thumb with all things plants and flowers, as well as finding ways to bring the outdoors inside their homes.
Get the inside scoop about my background as a master gardener, education, and experience, as well as why I started blogging here.