Looking for a healthy, quick and easy dinner that the family will love? Look no further than this easy chicken and spinach flatbread pizza recipe.
As a busy wife and mom to three teenage girls, I love recipes that are quick, easy, healthy and use fresh ingredients.
Typically, I gravitate to meals that are low in starchy carbs. Flatbread pizza is not a low carb meal, but I do like to indulge every now and again because the family loves it and it satisfies my pizza craving.
I try to make it a little healthier by choosing a whole wheat or whole grain flatbread option.
The variations of this dish are endless. If you are not into chicken and spinach, make it with sautéed onions, peppers, spinach and mushrooms.
Or swap out the chicken for tofu.
If you have leftovers from another meal, sounds like a good flatbread pizza recipe to me!
Use what you like and experiment!
Here is the basic recipe:
Easy Chicken and Spinach Flatbread Ingredients
- 4 Flatbread (I use Naan)
- 1 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Package of Fresh Spinach
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cooked Chicken Cutlet Breasts, Chopped (can be shredded from a roaster chicken or breaded pre-cooked chicken cutlets)
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Remove flatbread from packaging and place on baking sheet.
- Heat EVOO in pan.
- When heated, sauté onion until soft.
- Add garlic and cook until it releases its odor (about 30 seconds)
- Then add spinach to the pan, stir it around and cook down. If pan is too dry, drizzle extra EVOO in the pan to keep it moist.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. When the spinach is cooked down, set aside.
- Chop chicken cutlets or shred oven roasted chicken, then set aside.
- Spray each flatbread with water to moisten.
- Bake in oven for 3 minutes. Remove.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly and spread on each flatbread.
- Layer with diced chicken, then top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for about 5 minutes. Check on it halfway through to ensure the cheese is melting.
- Remove when cheese is melted and slightly browned on the edges.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Serves 4-6 (technically, 1/2 a flatbread is a serving)
Flatbread Pizza Modifications
Shrimp Scampi Flatbread Pizza
Using leftovers from your favorite shrimp scampi recipe or mine, Baked Shrimp Scampi, prepare the flatbread as directed above. Dice your shrimp scampi leftovers. Then top each flatbread with shrimp scampi, shredded mozzarella and shaved parmesan cheese. Bake about 5 minutes, checking on it about halfway through to ensure cheese is not burning. Remove from oven when cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Meatball or Sausage Flatbread Pizza
Using leftovers from your meatball or sausage dish, prepare the flatbread as directed above. Reheat the meatballs and sausage for about a minute in the microwave. Rough chop meatballs and sausages. Follow flatbread preparation above. Add layer of sauce on flatbread, top with meatball, sausage or both then top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake about 5 minutes, checking on it about halfway through to ensure cheese is not burning. Remove from oven when cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Roasted Veggie Pesto Flatbread Pizza
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice veggies of your choosing (onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc) then toss with Pesto. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes. Give them a shjush halfway through so they cook evenly. Remove from oven. Follow flatbread preparation above. Top each with roasted veggie mixture and shredded mozzarella. Bake about 5 minutes, checking on it about halfway through to insure cheese is not burning. Remove from oven when cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley – enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipe Ideas You May Enjoy
Pin and Save It for Later!
If you like this post, please share and pin it on Pinterest. (If you hover over the image, the Pinterest button will be in the upper left corner.) I’ve created the below-custom pin for this post.
Subscribe to the blog and gain access to information not available to the general public.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Enjoy your day! xoxo
Let’s connect on social media!