Looking for a dinner idea that is quick and easy? Wait until you try this super simple recipe for sausage and peppers.
I love making Italian food.
My family is from Italy and I grew up eating delicious Italian meals almost every day.
One of my favorite dishes to make for my family is sausage and peppers.
But one of the things I don’t love about making sausage is the mess it makes!
Am I right?
The juices go all over the place creating a big greasy mess.
We pierce the sweet Italian sausage links but they still squirt juices everywhere.
Whether you cook it on the stove top or bake it in the oven, cleaning up after making sausage can be quite a chore.
This recipe for sausage and peppers eliminates that mess and is super simple to make.
Wait until you see how to I make it!
4th of July Celebration Barbecue Menu
As part of our monthly virtual supper club, my friends and I are celebrating the 4th of July with an amazing dinner party.
We shared our 4th of July celebration ideas, and now we are sharing the incredible menu.
If you are visiting from my friend good friend Rachel’s from The Ponds Farmhouse, welcome!
Rachel is a great friend and I love dropping by her home for thrifted decor ideas, DIY, and entertaining tips.
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Super Simple Recipe for Sausage and Peppers
This sausage, pepper and onion recipe is so good!
My family loves it.
And it’s a great go-to recipe when you are busy and want something simple to make.
I used to make this sausage, pepper and onion recipe all the time when hosting family birthday parties because it’s so easy to make, packs a lot of flavors, minimizes the mess, and is crowd-pleasing.
While this dish can be made on the stove top or in the oven, I love to grill it!
When you grill it, the dish gets a nice smoky flavor and keeps the mess outdoors.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to change the ingredients.
If you are not a fan of sweet Italian sausage, swap it out for ground chicken or turkey sausage.
I’ve made it several different ways with different ingredients, but prefer sweet Italian sausage.
But if you want to give this recipe for sausage and peppers a little kick, go with the spicy Italian sausage.
It is so yummy that way too!
Whenever I make this dish, I use an array of bell peppers depending on the season to get more color in the dish.
In fall, I’ll cook it with orange, yellow and green bell peppers.
For the holidays, I’ll use red and green bell peppers.
Or I’ll use whatever is in season and growing in the garden.
Since I’m growing red and green bell peppers in the garden this year, I’m using those in this recipe today.
I can’t wait for you try this!
Let me know what you think when you do.
The Best Recipe for Sausage and Peppers
- 32 Links Sweet Italian Sausage (roughly 2 lbs)
- 6 Bell Peppers cored and sliced
- 2-3 Sweet Onions halved and sliced
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 Rolls Any Kind of Hoagie Roll
- Pre-heat grill on medium heat.
- Pre-heat oven for 400.
- Halve and slice onions.
- Core and slice peppers.
- Pierce each sausage with a fork a few times before grilling.
- Grill sausage 4-6 minutes on each side to brown it and get a smoky flavor. Allow to rest for 10 min.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute minced garlic for about 30 seconds or until it releases that garlic smell.
- Add peppers and onions to pan and saute until soft and cooked down.
- Slice sausage in quarters.
- Add sausage, pepper, and onions to baking dish.
- Finish dish in oven for 15 minutes to finish cooking and bring the flavors together.
- Serve on hoagie rolls.
- Mix it up with green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers.
- Use more or less garlic depending on your taste.
Next up in the menu is Jen from Midwest Life and Style.
Her dish sounds soooo good – wait until you check it out!
Get the Rest of the 4th of July Celebration Menu Here
How amazing do these dishes look for our 4th of July Celebration!
From cocktails, to appetizers, side dishes, and desserts, we have your 4th of July celebration covered!
On the photos below, click on the blog name to view the recipe.
- Refreshing Watermelon Blueberry Mojitos
- Joan’s Easy Onion Dip
- Summer Berry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- American Flag Dessert Pizza
Pin and Save It For Later
Please Save and Share This Post!
If you like this post, please share and pin it on Pinterest. (If you hover over the image, the Pinterest button will be in the upper left corner.) I’ve created the below-custom pins for this post.
Subscribe to the blog and gain access to information not available to the general public.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Enjoy your day! xoxo