I hope you had a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Random Things Happening Behind the Scenes at Bricks ‘n Blooms
What a week it was!
My girls came home for Thanksgiving weekend and our entire family celebrated Thanksgiving here in our home.
It was so nice having everyone under one roof and I really value the time we all get to spend together each year eating great food and giving thanks.
We also celebrated my Forever 49th Birthday on Friday. As part of the celebration, we enjoyed a fun dinner with my besties at Cafe Sapori. They recently moved locations and the food was excellent!
When our dessert arrived, we were one of the few groups l left still dining and the whole staff came out to sing happy birthday to me! It was so much fun!
The weather has been pretty pleasant here. So I was able to still work outside in the gardens. I’m not doing all that much really, but I spent about a day dividing my rudbeckia to spread it around to some of the other gardens.
And I spent the entire weekend decorating my home for Christmas! It’s almost all done too. I can’t wait to share it with you all later this week. But here’s a sneak peek at my front entry hall Christmas tree.
What I’m Shopping For This Week
With Thanksgiving in the rearview mirror now, I’m all in on Christmas! From decorating to shopping for Christmas presents, it was a full weekend of scoring amazing deals. Did you get a lot of shopping done too?
Here’s what was on my list this week!
- My sister-in-law turned me on to this denim skirt and I LOVE IT! Fits true to size, is very slimming, it feels like you are wearing sweats, and makes a great casual holiday look. You def want this one!
- This snowflake pillow is so pretty!
- This cozy plaid blanket
- I bought this fabric to recover my dining room chairs. It is finally happening!
- These are super cozy!!!!! LOVE!
- This wood Christmas tree board is perfect for a holiday charcuterie display.
- This folding wagon is a MUST-HAVE if you go to a vintage or flea market to fit all the things!
- This crepe erase lotion that helps minimize cellulite.
- This garden kneeler is a GREAT gift for any gardener. I love mine and use it all the time.
- Considering this wine cooler fridge for our basement someday wine room.
- This two-piece sweat outfit is super comfy too!
- These noise canceling headphones are the best! My kids have them and I got one for myself. I don’t like the ones that sit in your ears. These are much more comfortable.
Cyber Monday Deals
- Best Cyber Monday deals for Beauty – Up to 50% off!
- Best Cyber Monday Deals on Area Rugs – Now is the time to update your area rug for a song.
- TVs Cyber Monday Deals – I’m shopping around because we wanted to add a few at the cabin.
- Get up to 50% off on Ring Doorbells, Cameras and More. We buy more of these yearly at this time because the deals are great and it adds more security around our home.
What’s Happening at Bricks ‘n Blooms
It was a quiet week on the blog!
I shared this adorable DIY Thanksgiving decoration that I scored at the thrift store. Of course, I didn’t love what it looked like before. But I had a vision. Wait until you see what it looks like now!
An easy way to enjoy the Christmas vibe for longer is to shop or make Christmas gifts earlier, get your Christmas cards ready to go, and get those creative juices flowing so the festive season isn’t such a blur.
But before we grab the red ribbon, pretty Christmas balls, and some Christmas lights, I shared some quick ways you can spruce up your home for the holidays in minutes.
Discover quick ways to spruce up your home in a pinch with these festive indoor Christmas decorating ideas for 2023.
If you are attending a cookie exchange or want to make a decadent but simple sweet treat, I got you. Wait until you try this tiger butter fudge recipe!
Amazing Inspiration from Around the Web
I love finding cool inspiration from around the web and wanted to share some of what I’m loving right now.
- Love these thrifted vintage finds for Christmas!
- This Christmas dinner party menu sounds amazing!
- This DIY whimsical bottlebrush tree wreath is so cute!
- These Christmas gift wrapping ideas.
- This before and after craft room makeover.
- These garlic butter hasselback potatoes.
If you enjoy these posts, you can find past Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly posts here.
And… If you’re catching up on blog posts you may have missed, be sure to sign-up to get my newest posts via email to stay up to date with everything that’s happening here on the blog and more.
Want to Learn How to Grow Flowers With Ease?
If you’ve always wanted to grow flowers but struggled with where to start or how to create something beautiful, I got you. I wrote a book that shares all the things you need to know to grow a beautiful and easy-care flower garden.
- Have you never met a plant you couldn’t kill?
- Have you dug around in the dirt with nothing to show for it except a sunburn and a sore back?
- Do you currently enjoy growing flowers, but are looking for more tips and ideas to level up your gardening game?
Then the Bricks ‘n Blooms Guide to a Beautiful and Easy Care Garden Book is for YOU!
What’s in the Bricks ‘n Blooms Guide?
- Gardening basics to set you up for success
- Great garden design ideas with ready-made plans for you to follow
- Easy-care instructions for a wide variety of flowering annuals, perennials, and shrubs
- Helpful how-tos for container and cut flower gardening
- Graphs, charts, and lists to help you stay organized
My book publishes on February 6, 2024, but you can preorder now and get a special pre-order bonus chapter you can’t get when the preorder period closes.
Preorder your copy here and get a free, downloadable guide that shares bonus information with tips and unique garden designs to get year-round color in your landscape. Offer ends 2/5/24.
Click here to shop my favorite garden supplies!
- I like to use a good-quality, potting soil, garden soil, compost, and perlite when planting. While I make my own compost, you can easily buy it ready-made for use.
- I have used this deer repellent with great success. But now, I’m all about this deer repellent that is systemic instead of topical. This means the plant takes it in as opposed to it just smelling bad. If you want to minimize the work and not use repellents, choose plants that are deer-resistant from this list.
- Hands down this is my favorite hand-weeding tool. You can use it to get underneath roots and loosen soil, and it cuts down on the weeding time because you work much faster.
- But I also love this long, stand-up weeding tool to really get around roses from afar.
- I use this organic fertilizer for roses because the blooms are more prolific and it’s organic.
- And I use this organic fertilizer for my vegetables and herbs in the potager garden.
- You’ll need a sharp set of pruners when working with plants and flowers. I buy a few so I can stash them around.
- I use these garden snips to deadhead and cut flowers from my gardens.
- Where pest and disease problems are concerned, if I need to, I generally use this insecticidal soap or neem oil to help control infestations depending on the issue. When using, only apply when pollinators are less active.
- This is my go-to bait for slug and snail problems with my hostas and dahlias.
- This is my favorite set-and-forget slow-release fertilizer for houseplants, annuals, and container gardens.
- Whenever I stake my peonies or other plants, I generally use these grow-through garden supports because they work really well and keep the blooms upright.
- I use this collapsible bin ALL THE TIME. It is invaluable when working in the beds as it’s light to carry around and folds flat for easy storage.
- Drip irrigation set on a timer is your friend! I love these for my planters, window boxes, and hanging baskets.
- And this four way hose bib allows you to split one spicket into four!
Sign Me Up!
Sign up for my free newsletter to get blog posts, seasonal tips, recipes, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Plus, get free VIP access to my Resource Library where you’ll find insider freebies not readily available to the public.
Thank you so much for following along.
Enjoy a beautiful day! xo
Want to learn more about me?
I’m a master gardener who’s been gardening and growing things for over 25 years and author of the best-selling book, The Bricks ‘n Blooms Guide to a Beautiful and Easy-Care Flower Garden. With a deep passion for gardening, I enjoy helping others find their inner green thumb with all things plants and flowers, as well as finding ways to bring the outdoors inside their homes.
Get the inside scoop about my background as a master gardener, education, and experience, as well as why I started blogging here.