It seems strange to decorate the laundry room doesn’t it? But hear me out. We spend A LOT of time doing laundry and if we have to do it, we should at least have a nice place to work.
Our small, outdated laundry room was part of the bathroom.
When we remodeled our main floor bathroom, we made two separate rooms.
So the current laundry room dimensions are roughly 6.5′ x 6′.
Searching for small laundry room ideas, I wanted the new space to feel open, warm, and inviting.
It is a pass through area to get into the bathroom so it needed to be functional and pretty.
I found lots of small laundry room ideas, then designed the space with a garden-infused modern farmhouse style.
And I just decorated it for fall.
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Small Laundry Room Ideas
Since the bathroom and laundry room share a space, we changed the flooring to this gorgeous wood plank tile.
And it looks like real wood too.
To add visual interest, we shiplapped one wall.
Instead of using drawers underneath, we made a poplar countertop that we stained with same finish we used on my kitchen range hood.
In addition to the countertop, we added open shelving made with poplar and finished it like the countertop.
We used these large wrought iron brackets to hold the shelves. They are very inexpensive and look great!
And for storage organization, I purchased these gorgeous hyacinth baskets to hold all the laundry items. They fold flat and come in a package of 4. It was a steal.
While I’m still tweaking the final touches, I did pick up this cool laundry cart.
One of the things I love about it is I can keep the dirty laundry in it so it’s not piled on the floor.
We had some room between the appliances and the wall, so it can be tucked in under the counter as well.
And how about this light fixture?
I looked all over for a beaded chandelier that was not too big to hang in this spot.
It is a perfect size and adds just the right amount of light to a room without any windows.
Now I really love passing through here to get to the bathroom.
And I love doing laundry in here too.
Although it is a small laundry room, it is now functional and pretty!
Simple Ideas to Creating a Laundry Room You’ll Love
- If your appliances are old and you can afford it, its time to upgrade. You can’t beat some of the features on newer models. And they are designed to fit small laundry room spaces.
- Skip the drawers that go underneath the appliances. Add a countertop instead. It’s pretty and more functional.
- Use open shelving instead of cabinets. In small spaces, cabinets take up a lot of visual space and look lifeless. Add open shelving to display decor and baskets for all the things.
- Think about overall organization. What supplies do you need to store? Decorative baskets, storage bins and glass jars are a great way to decoratively hide the clutter on laundry room shelves.
- Accessorize your space with the things you love! Add wall decor, a pretty area rug, trendy light fixture and seasonal decor items to personalize the space.
- Add faux or real plants and flowers. They bring life to a space, warm it up and boost the mood.
- And finally, add some seasonal touches. I just finished decorating mine with fall decor.
Now that it is a pretty and functional space, I love to decorate it for the seasons too.
This is what it looked like for the holidays.
Wait until you see how it looks in spring.
More Related Posts
- How to Refinish Wood Cabinets Using Gel Stain
- Remodeling the Bathroom
- How to Paint Wood Cabinets with Chalk Paint
- How to Paint Chair Upholstery Fabric
If you like this post, please share and pin it on Pinterest. (If you hover over the image, the Pinterest button will be in the upper left corner.)
I’ve created the below-custom pin for this post.
Subscribe to the blog and gain access to information not available to the general public.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Enjoy your day! xoxo