I’m starting a new thing here on the blog and sharing some of my favorite things at Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly.
You’ll find tips, tricks and inspiration from both myself and friends around the world.
There will be lots of gardening stuff.
The coolest DIYs.
Home decorating ideas.
Super easy recipes.
And some random things happening here at my home.
I hope you enjoy it!
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
This Week at Bricks ‘n Blooms
- Did you see my dogs get dressed up for Halloween last week? Now that my kids are grown and do their own thing, I’m really glad the dogs indulge me for five minutes!
- We had a great time watching the Ohio State vs. Penn State football game. My middle daughter Shana is a Buckeye and although we can’t watch the game in person, it was a great match-up! But the Buckeyes took it. O-H-I-O!
- I dug up the tender bulbs and tubers in the garden this week. We finally had our first frost last weekend so it was time to get them out of the ground and into storage for winter. They are done drying and I’m packing them away today. Keeping my fingers crossed the dahlias do well in storage. I’ve never grown or overwintered them before so we’ll see how they do!
- We also set up our new Christmas tree from King of Christmas! Did you catch my reel showing how easy it was to set up on Instagram? I know its early, but we just got it and didn’t want to haul it all the way up to the attic for a few weeks. So we set it up AND I LOVE IT!!! It is pre-lit with 1000 white and multi-colored LED lights. The tree set up in minutes AND it even has a remote! How cool is that? And the quality is pretty amazing too. It won’t be decorated for a while, but I love how much warmer this corner of the room looks with the extra twinkle! If you are in the market for a faux tree, you have to check out their huge selection.
- After sharing the tree on Instagram, I was flooded with DM’s asking about the wood tree collar and round jute rug. I love how the layers of enhance the beauty of the tree and make it feel more cozy!
- Last night we celebrated my mother-in-law’s 80th birthday at one of her favorite restaurants. We had such a great time!
- It was an awesome week on the blog! We talked about lots of diverse stuff that ranged from Christmas decorating ideas, how I painted my kitchen cabinets, how to plant spring flowering bulbs, an easy rustic centerpiece idea, a super simple Thanksgiving centerpiece idea and the CUTEST DIY for the garden.
Amazing Inspiration from Around the Web
I love finding cool inspiration from around the web and wanted to share some of what I’m loving right now.
My favorite thing about blogging is the great friends I’ve made around the globe.
And I want to share some of them with you this week because they are really inspiring me.
- I LOVE this DIY Shiplap Christmas Tree! What a great way to use leftover shiplap.
- And how pretty is this cottage kitchen at Christmas
- This sunroom would keep you warm on a chilly day!
- Have you tried pumpkin spice air fried chickpeas yet?
- This is such a cute Chrismas decor idea.
- I’m loving these Thanksgiving tablescape ideas!
- And this super cute DIY Rustic Christmas Sign.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Hope you had a Happy Halloween!
Enjoy your day! xoxo
Let’s connect on social media!