Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly 120
I hope you had a great week!
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
Random Things Happening Behind the Scenes at Bricks ‘n Blooms
What a week it was!
After a fun weekend away in Vermont, it got a little chilly here. So I covered my tulips the last few days to help protect them from frost damage. It’s just too cold for them and I don’t want to risk damaging the flowers.
The lisianthus seeds I started finally germinated. So I removed the clear dome lids, took them off the heat mats, and moved them closer to grow lights. Let’s hope they keep growing!
Now that the lisianthus is on its way, I started some eucalyptus and snapdragon seeds this weekend. It’s a process that will pay off later when everything is blooming in the gardens.
On another note, Chris ordered the wood to build the raised beds for the potager garden, so that project is now underway. And I couldn’t be more excited about this project too. That garden will be amazing as I’ll be growing both food and flowers there!
On Friday, I had lunch with some of my besties, Margaret and Arden. We dined at the Trattoria MV and it was delicious!
While we were there I ran into an old friend from law school that I haven’t seen since, like 1997. What a thrill it was to run into someone like that after all these years!
What I’m Shopping For This Week
I came into some serious deer-proofing knowledge that I can’t wait to share!
This week, I learned there’s a deer-repelling product on the market that is systemic instead of solely acting as a topical repellent. I’ve not heard of it before but hear it is extremely effective.
It’s called Plantskyyd and I’m totally trying this one. I read it repels all kinds of animals, not just deer, so it is worth a shot. Want to try it with me?
If not, I’ll definitely be back with a review of what I think. Last year, we had a huge rabbit problem so if this helps repel them too, I’m all about it!
Aside from that, I bought a few other random things. Some clothes, beauty products that I started using and love (great for mature skin), and some garden stuff. Here’s what I’ve been shopping for!
- This is my new favorite skincare to keep things hydrated. I started using it about a month ago and love it!
- I don’t usually splurge on foundation but heard a lot of great things about this one for mature skin. So I decided to try it and love the coverage. It’s really light, not greasy at all, and has amazing coverage. Plus, it did not settle in the fine lines and wrinkles so that’s a win.
- This is my go-to primer. I’ve been using it for well over a year now and can’t say enough good things about it.
- I just bought this multipurpose blush, lip and eye stick. So far, I love it.
- Finally, I picked up this bronzer and contour stick. I’ve been watching a beauty influencer on TikTok and she’s been talking alot about lifting a mature face and has all these great techniques. Anyway, she influenced me to buy a good bronzer and contour stick and this one is a good one! A little goes a long way and it blends easily too.
- I’ve noticed I’m drinking a little too much coffee lately and need to drink more water. So I bought this tumbler to inspire me and help track what I’m drinking and it will fit in my car’s cupholder too. Sometimes all it takes is a fun new product to get us moving in the right direction.
- Oh and my blender went on the fritz this week! So I’m splurging on this blender. I’ve been eyeing it for months now and looking at buying one. We need a good one. From making soups to smoothies and juices, this one looks like it is top-notch.
What’s Happening at Bricks ‘n Blooms
It was a fun but a busy week on the blog!
This week, we went thrifting for the primary bedroom and found some great stuff! I’m still shopping around for storage pieces for the foyer too, but we’ve been slowly working on our bedroom.
And if you haven’t seen this space yet, you’ll get a sneak peek in this post. While we were thrifting, I found a few great pieces that you’ve got to see!
It’s also the most fun time of the month when my supper club gets together to share our best table decorating and entertaining ideas together with an amazing menu.
This month, we celebrated with a little friendly competition for a chili cook-off party. Do you have a favorite recipe you enjoy making?
I made this easy turkey chili recipe that is simple to make, tastes delicious and is good for you too.
But wait until you check out the menu for this one because each chili sounds amazing! A few are made in the slow cooker, there are a few chicken chilis, beef chili, and white bean chili recipes too.
More Inspiration from Around the Web
I love finding cool inspiration from around the web and wanted to share some of what I’m loving right now.
My good friend Jennifer from Cottage on Bunker Hill shared an easy DIY to make a black frame look vintage and the result is amazing.
Oh and she also shared a bunch of pretty spring printables you should check out too!
My good friend Kim from Shiplap and Shells visited this incredible architectural salvage shop and found some great stuff!
She’s been busy updating her hallway and I love how she incorporated some of her finds.
My good friend Rachel from the Ponds Farmhouse has been getting ready for Easter.
She made these GORGEOUS decoupage eggs that look easy to make.
I love how they turned out, don’t you?
And here is some more inspiration you’ve got to see!
This hot chicken chili recipe.
This birthday gift idea doesn’t cost a thing.
These DIY hypertufa pots turned out amazing!
This slow cooker turkey and kale soup recipe.
Here are three ways to grow annual poppies.
These antique paint colors.
If you enjoy these posts, you can find past Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly posts here.
And… If you’re catching up on blog posts you may have missed, be sure to sign-up to get my newest posts via email to stay up to date with everything that’s happening here on the blog and more.
Want to learn more about me?
Get the inside scoop about my background, education, and experience, as well as why I started blogging.
Sign Me Up!
Sign up for my free newsletter to get blog posts, seasonal tips, recipes, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Plus, get free VIP access to my Resource Library where you’ll find insider freebies not readily available to the public.
Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly 124
Ladies Luncheon Recipes You’ll Love
10-Minute Quick Spring Table Decor Ideas
Vintage Farmhouse Spring Home Tour 2023
My Latest Thrift Store Find
Bricks ‘n Blooms Weekly 123
Thank you so much for following along.
Enjoy a beautiful day! xo
If you like this post, please follow me @bricksnblooms on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Or join my Facebook Group.