Looking for an amazing dessert for a Cinco de Mayo celebration? Wait until you try this recipe for Rumchata cupcakes.
Have you ever had Rumchata before?
Rumchata is the perfect blend of rum, cream, cinnamon and vanilla.
It’s often used in drink recipes, but is pretty amazing in desserts too.
I’ve got the best recipe for Rumchata cupcakes that you’ll want to make for your next Mexican cuisine-themed dinner party.
Or any other occasion.
They are THAT good!
As part of our monthly virtual supper club, my friends and I are celebrating Cinco de Mayo with an amazing dinner party.
We shared some festive table decor ideas, and now we’ve put together an amazing menu for a delicious spring holiday brunch.
If you are visiting from my friend good friend Rachel’s at The Ponds Farmhouse, welcome! Rachel is a great friend and I love dropping by her home for some decor, DIY, and entertaining tips.
(Posts on stacyling.com may contain affiliate links. Click HERE for full disclosure.)
What’s on the Cinco de Mayo Celebration Menu
- Frozen Pineapple Margaritas
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Cilantro Lime Black Beans
- Rumchata Cupcakes (you are here)
Doesn’t that dinner party menu sound amazing?
I can’t wait to try it all!
To do my part, I’m making the dessert with some boozy cupcakes!
These cupcakes are light and have a creamy texture with a little kick from the Rumchata.
I love that it can be whipped up from a box mix instead of pulling a bunch of ingredients together.
And you guys, it is SO good!
It’s really easy to make and can be served on any occasion.
The Rumchata adds a nice creamy texture to the batter.
And I don’t know about you, but do you always over pour the first cupcakes too?
I do that every time!
Did I mention that Rumchata goes in both the cake batter AND the icing?
It is so yummy!
You can mix it with either a hand or regular mixer.
But sometimes, I love to grab what’s easy.
And the hand mixer is just that!
Tip: when you pour the batter into the tins, try to pour it as evenly as possible.
This will help the cupcakes bake evenly and be similar in size.
Since these cupcakes are made with Rumchata, add a fun straw or something that resembles a straw.
For this dish, I used vanilla Pirouette Cookies.
The Best Recipe for Rumchata Cupcakes
- Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake Liners
- 1 Box Vanilla or Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/3 Cup Rumchata See recipe for division instructions
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Salted Butter (2 sticks) Softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar See recipe for division instructions
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Pirouette Cookies For decoration
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cake mix, vegetable oil, 1 cup of the rumchata, and 3 eggs until smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, 1/3 cup rumchata, 2 cups powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Mix ingredients well. Then add the last 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix well.
- When cupcakes are cool, frost them. I used a pastry bag.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Then top each one off with a small Pirouette Cookie.
Next up on the Cinco de Mayo celebration tour is my friend Jen from Midwest Life and Style.
I love her gorgeous home and she made the best margarita recipe for this one!
Wait until you check it out!
Shop for Kitchen Supplies
Get the rest of the Cinco de Mayo Celebration Menu Here
Pin and Save It For Later
If you like this post, please share and pin it on Pinterest. (If you hover over the image, the Pinterest button will be in the upper left corner.)
I’ve created the below-custom pins for this post.
Subscribe to the blog and gain access to information not available to the general public.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Enjoy your day! xoxo