Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Strawberry lemonade recipe that can be made with or without alcohol.
- 1 cup strawberries washed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup lemon juice About 4-5 lemons
- 1.5 cups sparkling water
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- 1 bunch mint
Wash, stem and slice strawberries. Reserve a few for garnish.
Add water and sugar to saucepan. And bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Add berries, then simmer a few more minutes.
Blend berry and sugar mixture until smooth. Allow to cool.
Pour into a pitcher, then add the vodka. For non-alcoholic, skip the vodka.
Add lemon juice and stir.
Add sparkling water before serving. If you are pre-making this, add this just before serving so it doesn't lose its fizz.
Serve on ice and enjoy!
- This recipe is even better the second day. If pre-making, cover tightly and refrigerate. And don't add the fizzy drink until you are ready to serve so it stays fresh.
- You can swap lemonade or lemon juice for fresh lemon juice but fresh tastes better.
- Frozen strawberries can be used.
- It is OK to use a lemon-lime soda in place of sparkling water but it will make it a lot sweeter.
- If you like a boozier cocktail, bump the vodka up to 1 1/4 cups.
- Feel free to use raspberries or blackberries, but you may want to strain it before pouring it into a pitcher.
Serving: 1gramsCalories: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 69gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSodium: 22mgFiber: 5gSugar: 56g